Directed by Joel and Ethan Coen the first half an hour in I learn that this film is about how a hunter who finds an enormous sum of money left after a violent drugs exchange gone wrong. He decides to take the money and soon finds a psychopathic killer after his trail when the hunter finds out the money belongs to him.
I really enjoyed the opening scenes of this film and I noticed typical aspects of a thriller. Such devices as the typical view of the antagonist who is a cold blooded killer and wears black that symbolises evil and a corrupted person. There is also the use of irony because the main character is a hunter but the killer starts to hunt the hunter. Another device used are enigmas where the audience asks questions about whats happened. "Who is this killer?" and "Whats the story about the drugs and money?"
This is a psychological thriller because the way that justice hasn't been served and the audience is not satisfied plays a psychological role on the audience making them think that not all criminals can be caught and found out.

No comments:
Post a Comment